Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gene Hoglan: Blasts of Fear


Eugene Victor Hoglan II, known by many of you as Gene Hoglan or "The Atomic Clock", is one of the best drummers in the world. During his 26 year career he has played in bands such as Strapping Young Lad, Testament, Dark Angel, War God and Dethklok. When I heard that he was joining the mighty Fear Factory, my heart started beating at triple the tempo. I started envisioning what the new generation of Fear Factory would sound like. The results blew my mind when I heard their latest album titled "Mechanized".

Whenever I blast an album through my ear buds, I immediately start wondering how those songs will transmit on a big stage. What I experienced at the Starland Ballroom on a perfect night, brought back memories of when I saw them for the first time at the Dynamo Festival in Holland. Simply put, Fear Factory crushed Sayreville, New Jersey and proved to me that they have reinvented themselves with "Mechanized".

On this phenomenal night, not only did I get to see one of my favorite bands live, but I also got to interview Gene Hoglan. Gene is a very genuine guy with a great sense of humor. He has the mentality of a child and is not afraid to be himself. And that to me is what being "Metal" is all about. As Pantera puts it on their legendary song Walk: be yourself, by yourself...

Given the fact that Gene is a very funny guy, Horns Up Rocks came up with this comical slide show, which also features the exclusive interview that Horns Up Rocks captured for all of you to enjoy. WARNING: If you take life too seriously, this video might offend you.



Make sure you catch Fear Factory on tour, they will not disappoint you! Here is a little taste of what you can expect.

MECHANIZED:


REPLICA:


Live pictures by: Mitchell Damien Maurer

Related links:
Fear Factory on MySpace
For the latest on Fear Factory, follow them on twitter: www.twitter.com/Fear_Factory

No comments: