Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

K.K. Downing Quits Judas Priest

K.K. Downing has decided to leave Judas Priest and not be part of the band's final touring cycle. As we all know, K.K. is a vital part of Judas Priest and this is a huge blow for the millions of fans all over the world. Here is his Official press release:

Dear friends,

It is with much regret that I will not be with you this summer. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your concerns about my health. Please rest assured that I am O.K.

There has been an ongoing breakdown in working relationship between myself, elements of the band, and the band's management for some time.

Therefore I have decided to step down rather then to tour with negative sentiments as I feel that this would be a deception to you, our cherished fans.

However I would urge you to please support the Priest as I have no doubt that it will be a show not to be missed.

All my love and respect,

K.K. Downing


This is what Rob Halford had to say about K.K.'s decision:

"K.K. leaving was his own decision, for the reasons he made public on his web site earlier today. We had a fantastic time together on the "Nostradamus" tour... But K.K. has his own life to live and we can't force him to do anything he doesn't want to do. He told us of his decision to leave Judas Priest before Christmas time. Personally, I thought this could be the end... Emotionally, for me, it's been very, very difficult... When K.K. said he was thinking of retiring, Glenn Tipton (Judas Priest guitarist) was the first guy to send him a personal email to say: "Ken, I hope you're O.K. If there's anything you need, just let me know." We kept the door open all this time in case Ken changed his mind, but the clock was ticking."



Related links:
Judas Priest's Official Site
K.K. Downing's Official Site

No comments: