Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Tribute to Jenna Alexander - A Music Lover Gone Way Too Soon!


On National Metal Day (November 11,2011) at 11:11 AM, a big hearted woman who up until then was battling with Cancer, finally got the rest she so desperately needed. She was only 32 years young. While most of you don't know who Jenna was, the reason why we decided to share her story with you is because it will definitely inspire you to live a more productive life, and open your eyes to the things that really matter in life!

The beautiful Jenna was successfully treated for gastric carcinoma a few years ago; as we all know there is always a possibility of metastasis with all cancer. After completing the treatment, Jenna regained enough energy to get her life back on track. She then decided to finish medical school and even started practicing ER medicine. All this while finishing up her Forensic Pathology fellowship. This all came to a screeching halt when in February of this year, she was involved in a major car accident. Once again, Jenna recovered as quickly as possible and got back on her feet to continue to live her life to the fullest.

She had some follow up scans done just to verify that her ribs, lungs and clavicle were healing properly when they noticed "2 mm hyperdensities highly suspicious for metastatic cancer given patient's prior history of gastric carcinoma". Jenna knew from that moment that if it was cancer, there would be no cure. At that time, Jenna decided to finish her fellowship and promised her doctor that she would get evaluated a few months later. By the time the shortness of breath caught up with her, the spots had turned into full blown stage IV tumors. Additionally, there was also metastasis on her bones, liver and small intestine. At this point, Jenna knew she facing her own death.


The night before her death, Jenna posted the following note on her Facebook page:

"Time for an update I suppose.. The last few days have been a bit rough.. I've accumulated some fluid on my lungs.. I am scheduled for a thoracentesis tomorrow to remedy the situation.. My labwork is getting more and more screwed up.. My potassium was critically low so I had to go to the hospital to get a potassium infusion.. I went ahead and got radiation while I was out risking it.. heh. I have been having back pain so I got a MRI.. I have compression fractures in my L spine.. kinda scary. I sat reviewing my chest films with my doc.. the tumors are unbelievably massive.. He looked at me and said, "How the fuck are you standing here? How are you alive?" ...... I guess I'm a stubborn bitch! :-p

"So for all the people that are giving me hell for giving up.. I should already be dead!! Haha! I would like to stop and say thank you to all of you for giving me strength.. I am so blessed to have such amazing people in my life and when I'm gone, I hope that all of you remember to live! REALLY LIVE! Don't be afraid to take chances.. Don't put something off for later.. Remember what's important: LOVE!

"At the end of your life, you will find out that you don't really care about how much is in your bank account.. what kind of car is sitting in your driveway.. how big the house you are dying in is.. but the people in that house surrounding you.. the memories you have made with them.. the way they look at you and ultimately, even the way they grieve for you.. that is what will matter!"

Prior to her death, sweet Jenna recorded this message for her kids, her family, and her friends! Again, we want to share it with you because we know it will inspire you live a better life.



Jenna Alexander was a huge fan of Peter Steele and Type O Negative, so we're pretty sure the man made of steel with a heart of gold, welcomed Jenna with arms wide open. Our hearts go out to Jenna's kids, family, and friends! REST IN PEACE Jenna, and rest assured that you will NEVER be forgotten! \m/


Please make a donation to the American Cancer Society in the name of Jenna Alexander

2 comments:

Eddie Centeno said...

Sad note, She may rest In Peace.

Anonymous said...

I had only known her for about a year, and then, really only through Facebook, but she had drawn me in. Her beauty, intelligence, witty personality, where only a part of who she REALLY was. Her heart was so open, so pure, that it engulfed EVERYTHING and EVERYONE that came in contact with her. I never met her, never even spoke to her other than comments, yet I came to love her dearly and I miss her very much. She was the embodiment of all music, not just rock and metal, for through every song she loved it became the soundtrack of her life. She was a wonderful mother, a BADASS- KICKASS ONE HELL OF A WOMAN that stole my heart. Right now, I am incomplete without her here, but in time, the pain will subside, and I will find my peace knowing Jenna has hers.

R.I.P. Jenna Alexander.