Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Perfect Way For Your Band To NEVER Make It = Start the Jon Bon Jovi Death Hoax!


Last week, singer/songwriter Jon Bon Jovi trended worldwide on Twitter when thousands of people fell victim to a fake press release that claimed that Bon Jovi was dead. Thankfully, this was just a rumor and Jon Bon Jovi is alive and well! So who started this death hoax?

According to the Asbury Park Press, Jeffrey Goho of the Philadelphia-area Metal band Minutia posted a press release claiming that Jon Bon Jovi had died after he was found in a coma in an Asbury Park hotel on December 19. Apparently, Goho got sick about hearing about Bon Jovi's various endeavors. Here is what he had to say about this.

"I'm in a band as well, and I was going into the recording studio, and we had talked about how the music industry just started taking a turn into crazy new worlds that no one, really, can assess," said Goho. "Long story short, I was talking to my band members on their down time, and we got so worked up in the conversation, I just kind of took the liberty and started (the rumor), because I was so irritated.

"All I heard was 'Bon Jovi this,' 'Bon Jovi's starting a restaurant.' What was the latest one? The Advil commercial (featuring Bon Jovi)? It was like, 'Jeez, (Bon Jovi) was a household name due to the music, not the business.' So I'm not proud of it. I'm getting a lot of backlash from it, but as stupid as it sounds, that's how it started. I just had a blurb and went with it."

Congratulations moron! You just killed any chances of your band making it in the music industry!

Related links:
Official Site of Bon Jovi

No comments: