Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Monday, July 2, 2012

HENRY ROLLINS Talks About On Why The Majority Of Americans Oppose Gay Marriage


Why are so many Americans so strongly opposed to gay marriage? The 51-year-old Rollins, who counts singer/songwriter, radio DJ, actor, author and spoken-word artist among his achievements, released his first travel book, "Occupants", is convinced that not so many people are actually opposed. Instead he sees it as a fundraising tool for small fringe groups. He shares his views with Big Think below.

"I put out my point of view in a pretty cogent, sober manner," Rollins told Adelaide Now of his quest to gather life experience for his spoken-word gigs. "I go far and wide into the world and get information from crazy, distant places and bring it back to report to you, the audience member, with as much clarity and hopefully vivid storytelling interest as I possibly can. . . I go very far and wide and make sure the information comes from a lot of sweat and choleric burn so I can justify taking two hours of your life every 18 months. By the time you hear me say something from the stage I have busted my arse coming up with every possible angle of that thought."



Related links:
Henry Rollins' Official Site

No comments: