Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tragedy Strikes The New York City Heavy Music Scene: Rock In Peace Harry Dullys!

      Photo by: Dee Fago

This past weekend, the New York City Heavy Music scene was struck by tragedy when news about the passing of Harry Dullys surfaced throughout the internet. Harry who was of Haitian descent, was a HUGE influence on all of the local music community as not only a devoted fan and supporter of all things related to the scene, but he truly represented the essence of this ever-growing scene through the music he wrote with his band FATE STRIKES TWICE!

Harry was also devoted to making people healthier as a fitness instructor (he worked at REEBOK Sports Club). He was also a joyful guy who was always encouraging others to better themselves. His words of wisdom were always accompanied by a radiant smile and an addictive laugh. We got the chance to see Harry dominate the stage various times, and there is no question that he is crushing it up in heaven! Our hearts go out to Harry's family, friends and all of the fans of FATE STRIKES TWICE.

So what happened to Harry? 

According to the ST. JOHN VALLEY Times: "The body of a missing man, believed to have drowned, has been recovered.

"At approximately 4:30 p.m. yesterday, the Maine Warden Service was called to search for a missing swimmer on East Grand Lake.

"Harry Dullys, 39, of New York, NY was staying with his wife at a camp on Moon Island in Danforth. This area of East Grand Lake is the southern portion of the lake known as “the arm.”

"Dullys was attempting to swim to Loon’s Nest Island, a distance of about 200 yards, according to a press release from the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife.

"Dullys had been swimming with a labrador retriever. Dullys’ wife noticed the dog continuing to the island but Dullys could not be seen, the warden service reported. Numerous game wardens and a Warden Service aircraft responded to the scene and conducted a search for Dullys.

"Late in the evening, utilizing side-scan sonar technology, wardens identified what they believed to be Dullys’ body.

"At daybreak today, numerous members of the Maine Warden Service Dive Team conducted a dive operation and recovered Dullys’ body in 19 feet of water near Moon Island. The body was turned over to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

"The Maine Warden Service was assisted at the scene by Downeast EMS, Danforth Fire, and Maine Guide Mark Danforth."

Here is one of Harry's last performances with this band FATE STRIKES TWICE:



If there is one thing that everyone can learn from Harry, is that life is too short to waste it away! Follow your passion and don't let anyone slow you down. And if they do, just give them the middle finger!

Harry: we thank you for everything you did for the entire Heavy Music scene! Rock in PEACE, and rest assured that we will not let your flame be extinguished! \m/

Go to the comments section and let us know what Harry Dullys meant to you!

Join the revolution, contribute to our Indiegogo campaign! Click HERE: www.indiegogo.com/hornsup
 

Related links:
FATE STRIKES TWICE
St. John Valley Times

3 comments:

Rhett said...

I first met Harry when he pulled my then 4 year old daughter up on stage and had her sing with him because he saw her moshing alone at Don Hill's. Since that day Harry and I became friends. Every time I would see him he always greeted me with a smile and a hug. He touched my heart as I'm sure he did to many others and will always remain dear to me and my family.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know his name but I remember him well. He was the only trainer I really spoke to at The Reebok Sports Club. He was so enthusiastic and passionate with great energy, an infectious smile, someone you wanted to know and the kind of person you don't forgot so easily. He was trying to get me to open up in conversation at they gym as I was guarded there. When I heard of the tragedy and he was described to me, I know exactly who he was, as good natured people like this don't come around too often. I remember our conversations, how he always managed to make me laugh, such a warm soul. Now I know who you are Harry Dully's and I won't forget you. RIP good man. You won't be forgotten. Condolences to all his family and friends.

Anonymous said...

I didn't really know him. Although he was the only trainer I spoke to at lengths at the Reebok Sports Club. He had such enthusiasm and positive energy, his smile was infectious, his jokes made you laugh, I looked forward to bantering with him when we did see each other from time to time. He was the sunshine in the sky. You see he was trying to get me to open up as I was quite guarded at the gym. Once I heard of the tragedy, when he was described to me, I knew immediately who he was, as good natured people like this are not forgotten. What a unique individual and good soul he was, our conversations will be missed, I won't forget you Harry Dulley's, now I know who you are. Condolences to al his friends and family!