Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

PANTERA's "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott Remembered By Members Of SLAYER, KORN, ROB ZOMBIE, SLIPKNOT & More!


This Saturday, December 8th, marks the 8th anniversary of the day that we all lost our guitar hero: "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott. As previously reported, Horns Up Rocks is throwing the second "Holiday Tribute Show To Dimebag Darrell" and collecting funds for the victims of Hurricane Sandy, this Saturday, December 8th at The Trash Bar in Brooklyn, New York. HERE are 5 reasons why you should join us!

ARTISTDirect.com, recently unleashed an exclusive feature with members of SLAYER, KORN, ROB ZOMBIE, SLIPKNOT, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, MASTODON, GOJIRA, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH and more! Here are some of the memories they shared regarding their love for PANTERA's "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott:

Kerry King (SLAYER): "The first time I heard PANTERA was at a club they were playing. We were going through Texas, and it was a day off before we actually played. I can't remember if somebody suggested we go there or if we ended up there. That's how it went down. That was before 'Power Metal'. Philip was in the band, but I don't think the album was out yet. Philip was awesome, and Dime was awesome. I'm a guitar and vocal kind of guy. I'm extremely happy we were able to do a PANTERA run. At the end of the day, it was the last PANTERA run. I'm glad we got to make that happen. Dime and I wanted to tour together forever. After that, we did some of DAMAGEPLAN's last run. We had a lot of experience with the PANTERA and DAMAGEPLAN boys."

Jonathan Davis (KORN): "I remembering hearing the groove metal, crunchy guitars, and Philip Anselmo going off. There was this intense aggression, but you could move and dance to the music. I absolutely loved that groove element. 'Vulgar Display Of Power' really got me into metal. HELMET was another one of those bands along with PRONG. I love swinging groove, and PANTERA were the kings of that. Every time KORN played in Dallas, Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul would come out and see our shows. They were good times. Dimebag did not deserve what he got. I got to sit down with Philip one time, and I just thanked him. I said, 'You're the one who inspired me to do metal music, and I just want to thank you.' He was like, 'Man, that's crazy!' I like all of his side projects too. There's one band he did called CHRIST INVERSION which is crazy, satanic evil music. It's really cool and dark."

Rob Zombie: I first heard them when we played with them. We played a show with them at a club in Brooklyn called L'amour. That was early on. Cowboys From Hell had just come out. That was my first time hearing them.

Corey Taylor (SLIPKNOT & STONE SOUR): I saw Pantera with White Zombie in 1996. That was just a ferocious concert, man. That was officially the last time I was in a moshpit too because I had a nipple ring get ripped out in the pit. I was like, "That's all for me! Thank you very much! I don't think I ever want to do this again" [Laughs].

You can find the entire feature at ARTISTDirect.com.



Related links:
Pantera

No comments: