Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Friday, March 22, 2013

THE CONTORTIONIST Announce The Departure Of Their Frontman - Statement Available!


THE CONTORTIONIST have announced the departure of their frontman Jonathan Carpenter today with his interim replacement in one fell swoop. Jonathan and his long-time girlfriend will be expecting their first child and Carpenter has made the decision to focus on his personal life. Mike Lessard of LAST CHANCE TO REASON will be taking on vocal duties while the band finds a permanent replacement.

Statements from each of the parties can be found below:

"It's going to be a jarring change of pace for my life, not being on the road most of the year. Making songs with the band and then performing them in front of the best fans has been a once in a lifetime experience. I wouldn't trade the perspective I've found in the past few years for anything. I got to meet so many amazing people and see a good chunk of the world. I absolutely intend to keep creating and playing music in the future, albeit in a more personal pursuit.

"I will miss seeing everyone in the TC family very much. I wish the best to all of my band buds and everyone who supports live music and all this heavy banger music we've been making. I feel very excited for my future with the love of my life and our pups, and our little one on the way.

"Music has always been one of my passions and that's what drew me to this band in the first place. The music comes first, and I know that the talent of the band will rise above this member change and they will find a new arrangement that will blow your minds." - Jonathan Carpenter   

"We are sad to see Jon go, but at the same time remain fully supportive of his decision. We look forward to the process of finding a new vocalist and writing a new record." - Robby Baca

"I'm happy to be helping my friends in The Contortionist for the next few months on tour as a temporary vocalist. I'll be returning to my duties in Last Chance to Reason once these dates are finished in May. I look forward to seeing a bunch of new and familiar faces in the months to come, and to sharing new music from LCTR in the near future!" - Mike Lessard


Related links:
The Contortionist on Facebook

No comments: