Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Horns Up Rocks does not consciously breach any copyright regulations. If you are a holder and would like something to be removed from our site, please email us at info@hornsuprocks.com and we will gladly oblige.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

METALLICA Honor NY Yankees Pitcher Mariano Rivera - Details Available!


According to the New York Daily News, this passed Monday, May 13, New York Yankees pitcher Mariano Rivera (who will retire after this season) was presented with a METALLICA gold record by the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio for the band's hit song "Enter Sandman". The presentation was made by Indians team president Mark Shapiro and the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame president Greg Harris.


Said Rivera: "I've got a gold record, brother. Without even singing, I have a gold record. I think it was well done. Whoever thought of the idea of giving me a gold record with the song 'Sandman', it was great. I appreciate that and I know it will have a special place in my house."

"Enter Sandman" has been a staple of Yankees games for years, heralding the entrance of Rivera, who is considered to be one of the greatest relief pitchers of all time. Here is video of METALLICA's "Enter Sandman" cranking while Rivera takes the pitch:





Related links:

Official site of the New York Yankees
Metallica's official site

No comments: